Translate

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Yes i'm still around

Yes I am still around.

Still thinking of how to expand my family tree and the knowledge I have of my close and remote ancestry. If you've done this, you know how hard this can be.

But I have not given up. (If I haven't already mentioned it. But knowing me, I probably have.) I actually currently work in my school's Dept. of Anthropology, on a project that pertains to the genetic diversity of East Africa.

So when I say I haven't given up, well, that is an understatement. I am working towards a career in genetics, because even though I won't be piecing together the clues of my ancestry as part of my work, I will still have the passion and drive to work on the genetic puzzle that creates both the differences and similarities between us all.

The story of our genetics is also the story of history.

I will also be learning the sort of skills that will enable me to find out more about myself than I can as a consumer of genetic and genealogy products.

No comments:

Post a Comment